Thursday 24 April 2014

Long Distance Call

Todays post is named after one of my favourite songs by Phoenix (who are the best by the way). It is also what is going to be happening a lot after September, which I don't really know how to feel about...

By the end of September, my boyfriend of currently two years will be leaving me for university. When we started seeing eachother, nothing ever crossed my mind of something getting in the way of our relationship. I've been dreading the idea of him moving away for almost a year now, but it has become something I have had to just accept. I couldn't and wouldn't ever stop him from doing what he wants to do, it's just unfortunate that we aren't doing it at the same time.

Although he is planning on going to a uni that is only 2 hours away, which doesn't seem all that long, I realise what I am going to be sacrificing for us to stay together. I'm planning on driving down to see him whenever I can (preferably once every week and a half), but 2 hours out of my A level year is going to be a bit of a task. I will obviously prioritise my work, but it will be difficult without my bestfriend and boyfriend being close by to support me.

I think the thing that worries me the most is whether I am the only one who wants to keep this relationship going. I know he says and feels that he wants to stay together, but its a big lifestyle change, and he might want start his new life on his own. 

It seems a shame that I am becoming upset about an something that hasn't even happened yet, but it is just always in the back of my mind.

I hope everything works out ok...
Pocky x

No comments:

Post a Comment