Monday 10 February 2014

New York New York!



I am having some serious nostalgia this week. I'm looking through my holiday snaps from NYC and falling in love with it all again.

In October I visited the beautiful city for the first time, and it outdid all my expectations. I was blown away. I stayed in TriBeCa, which had such a brilliant location. It had great train links and the area itself was very cool and laid back, exactly where I want to live when I'm older! 

On day one I wanted to get a feel for the city, and there was no better way than to take a boat ride under Brooklyn Bridge.




It was quite windy but a lovely sunny day. I had planned my outfits for NYC weeks in advance. On the first day I wore my purple tartan skirt from Topshop, my Mango turquoise knit top and biker jacket from Miss Selfridge. I managed to not wear tights but wish I had because it was bloody freezing! I also wore my favourite floppy hat from H&M, which I absolutely adore.



I went to the Rockafeller centre to see the amazing views. It was absolutely breathtaking. I think this was the moment I knew I could never love a city as much as I do New York. Amazing.




Of course I had to get a tourist hat! I love my Nicks hat, and have worn it so much since. There were so many adorable cookie stores all over the city, my favourite one selling these cute lil' NYPD cookies. One of the highlights for me has to be visiting the New York Library. After seeing it in so many movies  it was truly breathtaking - and I wish I could study there! Beats my local library.

Until next time New York... I love you forever.

Pocky x

No comments:

Post a Comment